Himalayas -undoubtedly one of the most spectacular and impressive range in the world, is fastly becoming the most visited adventure zone of the world.
"We do not Experiment, We Excel with Experience"
The Himalayan Adventures is all about giving you the best travel experience coupled with just the right amount of activity and scenic beauty to get your adrenaline pumping...and that isn't just because of hiking, trekking or white water rafting...the mighty mountains have more than spine tingling adventures, take a look at the beautiful views it has in store for you.
The Himalayan Adventures invites the ecologically-conscious traveler to experience the world of nature, to help create a sustainable model for eco-tourism and adventures, and to support wild land that have been preserved, and help preserve those that are still in danger.
We take every possible precaution & all necessary action to fulfill the needs of our traveler guests & in addition, we are keen to provide good value for money......
We works hard to bring you the best possible trips for your rugged lifestyle. Here you'll find our latest travel packages suited for the adventurous spirit.
Adventure Tours In Indian Himalayas
in Kumaon Himalayas
Folk Dances Of Garhwal Himalayas
land of Gods, and
an absolute paradise for the avid traveler...
We are your "Specialty tour organizersin Garhwal Himalayas "
Folk Dances of Garhwal Himalayas
Folk Dances of Garhwal region
1. Langvie Nritya : This is an acrobatic dance and is performed by the men folk only. In this dance, a long bamboo pole is fixed then balances himself on his stomach on the top. Under the pole, a band of musicians play 'Dhol' and 'Dhamana' while the dancer acrobat rotates on the top of the pole doing other feats with the help of his hands and feet. This dance is popular in Teheri Garhwal region.
2. Barada Nritya : Barada Nati folk dance is a popular dance of Jaunsar Bhawar area of Chakarata Tehsil in Deheradun district. The folk dance is performed on the eve of some religious or on the occasion of some social functions. Both boys and girls take part in the dancer dressed with colorful traditional costumes.
3. Pandva Nritya : Accordingly, Pandva Nritya which is related to the story of Mahabharata has been very popular particularly in the Garhwal region. Pandva Nritya is nothing but a simple narration of the story of Mahabharata in the form of dance and music. The narration is mostly enacted on the occasion of 'Dussehra' and 'Diwali'. Pandav Nritya is popular in Chamoli District and Pauri Garhwal.
4. Bhotiya Tribal Folk Dances : Bhotiya tribals have their typical dances like "Dhurang, and Dhuring' which are connected with death ceremonies. The aim at liberating the soul of the dead person which they believed to have been living in the body of either a goat or another animal. The dance is similar to the pastorals of Himachal Pradesh or the hunting dance of Nagaland.
FOLK SONGS OF GARHWAL
1. Chhopati : These are the folk songs popular in Rawain-Janunpur area of Tehri garhwal. Chhopati are the love songs sung between the men and women in the form of questions and answers.
2. Chounphula and Jhumeila : 'Chounphula' & Jhumeila ' form part of seasonal dances which are performed from 'Basant Panchami' to 'Sanskranti' or 'Baisakhi'. 'Jhumeila', is something mixed but is usually restricted to women.'Chounphula' is a spinning dance performed by all sections of the community, at night, in groups by men and women.'Chounphula' folk songs are composed for the appreciation of nature during various occasions. Chounphula, Jhumeila and Daryola folk songs all derive their names from the concerned folk dances.
3. Basanti : Basanti folk songs are composed for the coming spring season when flowers, blooms and new life spring in the valleys of the hills of Garhwal. The folk song is sung individually or in groups.
4. Mangal : Mangal songs are sung during marriage ceremonies. These songs are basically 'Puja songs' sung along with the purohits who keep enchanting 'Shlokas' in Sanskrit according to the Shastras during the marriage ceremony.
5. Puja Folk Songs : These songs are connected with the Puja of family deities. There are other Puja songs connected with 'Tantra & Mantra' to get rid of evil spirits from human beings.
6. Jaggar : Jaggar falls in the category of ghost and spiritual worship, in the form of a folk song or a times combined with dances sometimes, Jaggar may also be in the form of Puja folk songs and are sung in honor of the various gods and goddesses.
7. Bajuband : This is a folk song of love and sacrifice between the shepherds. It is a love dialogue between the man and woman or between a boy and girl which is sung in the form of a folk song.
8. Chhura : Chhura folk songs are sung among shepherds in the time of advice given by the old to youngsters, having learnt it out of their experience, particular in grazing sheep's and goats.
The Indian Himalayas contains some of the world’s most diverse and breathtakingly beautiful challenging impressive peaks of the Himalayan chain in the north, high-altitude plains and remote mountain passes. Catch the most panoramic views of the incomparable land of Indian Himalayas. The Indian Himalayas takes you across the lovely land that it dotted with a variety of thrill adventure destinations.
Itinerary \ Terms are available upon request.
Be Our Guest Have A Wonderful Time In The Himalayas !